Connect with us

NEWS

WAR OF WORDS: Colombian President Gustavo Petro said he would “take up arms” against the U.S. if it attacks his country after President Trump suggested Colombia could be the next target in his administration’s war on drugs.

Published

on

Colombian President Gustavo Petro said Monday he would “take up arms” against the U.S. if it attacks his country, following U.S. military action in Venezuela and the capture and arrest of President Nicolás Maduro.

Petro, a former member of the leftist M-19 guerrilla movement that demobilized in the early 1990s, made the remarks in a post on X after President Trump suggested Colombia could be the next target in his administration’s war on drugs.

“Although I have not been a military man, I know about war and clandestinity,” Petro wrote in a post translated to English from Spanish. “I swore not to touch a weapon again since the 1989 Peace Pact, but for the Homeland I will take up arms again that I do not want.”

Petro also rejected Trump’s accusations that he is linked to drug trafficking.

I am not illegitimate, nor am I a narco,” he wrote. “I only have as assets my family home that I still pay for with my salary. My bank statements have been published. No one could say that I have spent more than my salary. I am not greedy.”

Petro’s comments came after Trump spoke to reporters aboard Air Force One on Sunday.

Petro’s comments came after Trump spoke to reporters aboard Air Force One on Sunday.

He warned that Colombia is “very sick too” and is “run by a sick man who likes making cocaine and selling it to the United States, and he’s not going to be doing it very long.”

UN AMBASSADOR WALTZ DEFENDS US CAPTURE OF MADURO AHEAD OF SECURITY COUNCIL MEETING

A side-by-side photo of President Donald Trump and Colombian President Petro. A side-by-side photo of President Donald Trump and Colombian President Petro.

Trump also claimed Petro has “cocaine mills and cocaine factories.”

When asked directly whether the U.S. would carry out an operation in Colombia, Trump replied, “It sounds good to me,” before pivoting to once again express interest in annexing Greenland.

Trump’s threats echoed remarks he made in December, as previously reported by Fox News Digital, when he warned Petro that he had “better wise up” or risk being targeted next.

Trump has labeled Petro an “illegal drug dealer” in the past and later doubled down, calling the Colombian president a “lunatic.”

Petro has been one of Trump’s fiercest critics in the region, condemning U.S. strikes on what he described as suspected drug-smuggling vessels in the Caribbean. Petro previously claimed many of those killed in the strikes were “poor fishermen” forced into the drug trade out of necessity.

In November, he called Trump a “barbarian” and briefly halted intelligence sharing with Washington.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

🚨 BREAKING: Donald Trump is reportedly furious after a high-profile critic—long seen as one of his most vocal rivals—publicly poked fun at Melania Trump’s latest film project. What sounded like a simple sarcastic joke has exploded online—clips are everywhere, supporters are fighting back, and critics are amplifying every second. The movie is no longer the headline. The reaction is. 👉 Click the link to see the moment that set social media on fire 👇👇

NEWS3 weeks ago

A federal judge has ruled: Melania Trump must testify under oath—and the panic inside Trump’s camp is real. What she reveals could change everything. 👉 Click the link to get the full story.

NEWS3 weeks ago

🚨 BREAKING: U.S. Senator Just Made a Historic Call to Remove Trump Under the 25th Amendment — And D.C. Is Exploding Over It 🚨 For the first time in years, a sitting U.S. Senator has publicly said President Trump should be declared unable to govern under the Constitution’s 25th Amendment — triggering a rare and intense national debate about presidential fitness, foreign policy decisions, and America’s future. � LiveNOW +1 💥 Is this constitutional crisis real — or just politics as usual? 👉 Click to read the full story and decide for yourself. #Trump #25thAmendment #BreakingNews #USPolitics #ConstitutionalCrisis

NEWS3 weeks ago

🔥 THE REAL STORY the Media Isn’t Telling You About Alex Pretti — And Why You Have to See the Footage Before You Believe Anything Else 🔥 Shocking video evidence and official investigations now contradict early federal claims — showing Alex Pretti, a 37-year-old ICU nurse and lawful gun owner, was recording Border Patrol officers with his phone and was not armed at the moment he was tackled and shot dead by federal agents. Independent videos show him being pinned, disarmed, and then fatally shot — sparking a federal civil-rights probe into the shooting. � en.wikipedia.org +1 👉 Click to watch the footage and decide for yourself what really happened.

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

JUST IN: In a move that could reshape the future of policing, the Senate has officially passed SB 5855, a bill that bars law enforcement officers from wearing face coverings while on duty—despite direct objections from former President Donald Trump. The vote has already ignited heated debate nationwide, raising urgent questions about transparency, officer safety, and civil liberties. Supporters argue the bill promotes accountability and public trust by ensuring officers are fully identifiable during operations. Critics, however, warn it could expose officers to increased risks, especially during high-tension or undercover situations. Trump’s opposition has further polarized reactions, turning SB 5855 into more than just policy—it’s now a political flashpoint. As reactions continue to pour in from law enforcement agencies, civil rights groups, and political leaders, one thing is clear: this decision could have long-term consequences for how policing is conducted in America. 👉 Read the full breakdown of SB 5855, what it changes, and why it’s sparking national controversy — click the link below before the debate explodes further.

NEWS3 weeks ago

🚨 BREAKING: Jack Smith just stared down MAGA Republicans and made one thing clear — he will NOT be intimidated by Trump or his threats. What was meant to “break” the Special Counsel completely backfired. Instead, Smith exposed the intimidation campaign against him, shut down GOP accusations, and laid out why no one is above the law — left or right. Republicans shouted. Smith stayed calm. The evidence spoke louder. 🔥 The details from this hearing are explosive — and MAGA is already scrambling. 👉 Get the full breakdown in the comments before it disappears. 👀

NEWS3 weeks ago

WHITE HOUSE IN TOTAL PANIC MODE: OVER 120 CONGRESS MEMBERS ALLEGED DEMAND TRUMP RESIGN NOW OR FACE IMPEACHMENT HELL. 25TH AMENDMENT ACTIVATION LOOMING AS GOP FRACTURES INTO CIVIL WAR. IS THIS THE FINAL NAIL IN HIS COFFIN….

NEWS3 weeks ago

BREAKING NEWS: €400 MILLION Green Hydrogen Deal Between Canada and Germany Excludes the US from the EU Energy Market — Trump Loses BIG

NEWS3 weeks ago

BREAKING: THE WOMAN ALEX PRETTI TRIED TO SAVE FINALLY BREAKS SILENCE — HER SHOCKING REVELATION COULD SHAKE THE INVESTIGATION 

NEWS3 weeks ago

BREAKING: JACK SMITH JUST LOOKED THE MAGA REPUBLICS IN THE EYE AND DECLARED HE WILL NEVER BE INTIMIDATED BY TRUMP OR HIS THREATS….

NEWS3 weeks ago

BREAKING NEWS: Senate Erupts in Chaos as 140 Lawmakers from Both Parties Demand Immediate Impeachment Vote Against President T̄R̄UMP Igniting 2026 Political Firestorm

NEWS3 weeks ago

WHITE HOUSE IN TOTAL PANIC MODE: OVER 120 CONGRESS MEMBERS ALLEGED DEMAND TRUMP RESIGN NOW OR FACE IMPEACHMENT HELL. 25TH AMENDMENT ACTIVATION LOOMING AS GOP FRACTURES INTO CIVIL WAR. IS THIS THE FINAL NAIL IN HIS COFFIN

Copyright © 2025 UKwow24